Friday, April 28, 2006

Wesley? Wes? Where are you? WES??!!

He did it. Okay, maybe I did it. I lost Wesley.

I knew he'd been rolling for a little while lately, but I hadn't seen him really move. And maybe I still haven't. Yesterday afternoon, I turned my back on him for about 5 minutes. I worked at the computer and listened as Wes happily babbled into his stacking cups (his favorite toy of the moment.)

He chatted for about 2 minutes or so, then I realized that it had gotten really quiet. Carson was in his room playing, so I knew he wasn't to blame for the quiet. Curiously, I turned around, "what is my baby doing?" And I looked 2 feet away... to find my baby wasn't there. I looked around... all around. I looked in the bathroom (a good 10-20 feet away), I looked toward the door (yes, the gate to the stairs was closed--thank goodness!) NO WESLEY!

Okay. My heart is now beating... quickly. I think I felt it drop, too. Calmly, or, at least, as calmly as I could, I started calling to him. [In retrospect... its not like he could respond... I don't know what I expected here...] Wesley? Wes? Wesley, where are you?? WES!!!!???

Finally, I found him. Under our bed! He was happy as can be exploring the bottom side of the boxspring--it sure must be interesting because he had no interest in rolling back out.

No comments: