Thursday, August 24, 2006

All over Mommy!

As many of you know, both boys had Hand Foot Mouth disease a few weeks ago. Carson was left with a dreadful case of blisters on his feet that dried out as peeling skin. Of course, never having experienced peeling skin before, this could have become a great sport. Instead, I took to giving him pedicures... yes, pedicures.

No... I didn't paint his toenails, but I took out my Peppermint Foot Exfoliant and Lotion, as well as "special" sponges and went to town. He loved it and it became a fun ritual during Wes' morning naps.

So after a bath about a week later, his feet still peeling, I forgot to put Carson on the potty and started the "pedicure" before getting him ready for bed. Sitting in my pretty skirt, I put Carson on my lap and began massaging his feet with the lotion. A few minutes later, he was finished and got off my lap. After a few seconds, he starts laughing... really hard.

Wanting to be in on the joke, Steve asked what was so funny? "I peed!" He said, "all over Mommy!" Yep, my skirt was all wet... and I thought it was just water not absorbed by the towel!

No comments: