Sunday, July 23, 2006

Birthday Wish Lists

You may notice the new links on the right side of the page. Carson has been going through catalog after catalog (ever notice that you seem to get more around "holidays"?) "I want this for my birthday!" "Put that on my list, mom!" "Yeah... that's what I really want!" Today, at IKEA, when Steve said, "would you like that?" Carson's reply was "No... don't put that on my list, Dad."

Fearful of forgetting all the items in the list in my head, Carson and I sat down a few times this weekend, armed with a few catalogs, and found the items he really wants. If you click on the links, they'll lead you to a pretty cool webpage: The Things I Want.

The lists are suggestions--and as usual several people are already asking. Currently, Carson is really interested in playing pirates and buried treasures and castles, knights and dragons. And he has nothing around these themes. He also loves playing in the pretend kitchen and "snuck" that onto his list (not too sure how Daddy feels about that.) Carson still wants to be a doctor and pulls out his doctor's kit to announce that someone isn't feeling well, and he also loves arts and crafts. Of course, ever the athelete, you'll see some atheletic gear on his list as well.

He just received his first computer tonight! Steve set it up and Carson is SO excited. (I know, I can't believe it either.) So I'm searching for software titles that will be appropriate for him.

Wesley's list is a bit smaller--but we're working on that. As Carson was "shopping" for things for his list, he'd find things and say "put that on Wes' list." For the most part, he did a good job. Wes loves Carson's toys--especially bigger cars and trucks. Right now, he really enjoys putting items in and taking them out--everything from a small toy into a bigger toy to opening and closing drawers. He is also enjoying Carson's old wooden puzzles that we have moved into his room. Just this weekend, Wes found out how to pull Woody's string and make him talk which he gets a kick out of. Basically, anything Carson find interesting, so does Wes.

If the lists work, we'll keep them up for the holiday's as well. :)

No comments: