Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Oh what a night...

We all know parenting has its ups and downs. And Steve and I are learning a lot about one of the more exciting downs, tantrums. Last night, after going to bed, reading stories, etc., Carson came down stairs to read another book (as he's been finding ways to stay up with us lately). After quickly sending him back upstairs, twice, he came down again. Only this time, I was working and Steve was in the basement working and I snapped at him to go upstairs. Scared, he ran back up.

And then he started yelling. As it turned out, Carson came downstairs to tell me he wanted to go to the bathroom. Now, he had wet pants. Well, the screaming woke Wes so now we had 2 screamers. Two very tired screamers.

After a long bout of screaming (which, thankfully, Carson faced Steve most of the time and didn't see me as I erupted in giggles) we finally understood that he didn't want to use his bathroom. And I put the past 2 nights together and realized that maybe there are monsters in the bathroom!

That's when my most creative husband jumped in. He gave Carson a tour of the bathroom. Told him he saw a monster in there and got rid of it. Steve showed Carson that there are no more monsters there!

And now... for the cute part... Carson's comment when I kissed him goodnight: "Daddy got rid of the monsters. He did it all by himself!"

No comments: