Monday, July 17, 2006

Carson's first day of camp

Awww... the milestones. I'm so proud of my big guy. He woke up this morning--actually, Wes and I woke him, and sat up and said "I'm going to camp today and I'll be in Miss Linda's classroom!" He quickly got dressed, ate breakfast, ran to the bathroom, and literally raced to the car.

Upon arriving, Carson remembered the drill from school. He greeted Miss Katy to check-in for lunch with a big smile and "hi!" then turned around, as he always does, to show her his backpack. He raced ahead with his older friend and neighbor, Julia (This is the first time they are going to camp/school together, as last year they went on opposite days.) I had to catch up -- he remembered from the open house where the classroom was.

Anyway, Carson opened the door before Miss Linda--he was that excited. She came out and greeted him, and he ran right over to the craft area, and completed a craft before I even left the room. As I was leaving, I saw a few of his classmates who were all so excited to see he had returned! (we skipped the first session, this was the first day of the 2nd session.)

He came home exhausted and slept VERY well--full of mini-stories of his first day at camp.

No comments: